Saturday, October 6, 2012

Special News Cruise!

Not too much to say about this cruise as my pictures speak for themselves, so here is a little photo diary of the last 12 days.

Barcelona: Went to Guell Palau (the Guell Palace designed by Gaudi) with Matthew and Vanessa. 
(Jessica, Matthew and Vanessa)
(The main hall in the Palace)

(View of the Rooftop and Barcelona)
(Hide-n-Seek behind the beautiful chimneys)
 
Pisa: Date Day to the Leaning Tower of Pisa with Maarten.
 
Napoli: Finally made it to Pizzeria de Michele with Matthew.  It is said to be the best pizza in Napoli and was featured in the book-turned-movie “Eat, Pray, Love”.
 
Kotor, Montenegro: Went on a 4X4 Shore Excursion up into the mountains.



Split, Croatia: Went to Krka National Park for a beautiful day walking in the lush, green woods with the sound of waterfalls all around me.
(The main waterfall in the park)
(Panoramic View of a few of the falls)

 
I have recently found out that next cruise will not be my last cruise on board the Celebrity Solstice.  I have been extended due to a Female Vocalist on another ship being on medical leave.  My temporary sign-off date has been changed to December 9th…meaning I will be home for Christmas! AND I will make it to Australia!  I really hope that the girl gets better, but I selfishly want to stay here until December, so that would mean that she can’t get completely recovered until December.  The extension comes as a great blessing; I would get to stay with Maarten longer, I would get to meet new people, I would get to see amazing new ports (Egypt, Jordan, Bali, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai, Australia), I would not be missing the holidays with my amazing family (although Thanksgiving will be a bummer). 

In other news, my dear friend Grace is coming on to sail with me next cruise! She is staying in my cabin and we are going to have the best 12 day travel/sleepover ever.  The pictures are going to be epic.  It will be exhausting having to say good-bye to all the wonderful people I have met in my SL8 cast, but having her here will help remind me that friends will always be there and you will see them again if you want to.  I am so thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment