Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ciao Europe…Hello Africa and Asia!

Well, I am done in the Mediterranean.  I have had the most amazing adventures here that I will remember for the rest of my life; from sea kayaking in Croatia to visiting more ancient ruins than ever imaginable in Rome, Greece and Turkey to seeing Venice like a Venetian.  I am so thankful and lucky to have experienced it all!  And now having the opportunity to extend my contract and head through the Suez Canal to Australia is beyond my wildest dreams.  I truly think that I have had the best first cruise ship contract.  I will have traveled the whole world (minus the Pacific Ocean), visited five continents and found a wonderful boyfriend.  I am truly thankful!

All that being said, this was my last Mediterranean cruise and the last time (for the foreseeable future) that I will be in Italy, France, Montenegro, Croatia and Spain.  I am so glad to say that there wasn’t anything that I felt like I had to do in the ports before I left.  Having Grace here last cruise allowed me to go back to Rome, Florence and Pisa and show her the best parts of each port.  This was lucky for me because we had SL9 cast install rehearsals for the majority of the cruise.  On the few days that we were able to get off I found plenty to do.
Martin, Jessica and Emanuel (Two of the four Barbershop boys) in Kotor, Montenegro
Solstice from the sea
Jessica on Rialto Bridge in Venice, Italy
Delicious Venetian seafood hors d'oeuvres at a restaurant in Venice
Sunset over Venice
I am happy to say that all of the SL9 shows are now open and audiences are loving them!  Our Cruise Director, Alejandro, threw an opening night party at the end of the cruise to congratulate the new cast on their hard work and welcome them aboard the Solstice.  I am so honored to be working with them…even if only for a couple months.
 
SL9 Cast and Crew
Jessica and Alejandro (Cruise Director)
I will be signing off of the Solstice on December 9th in Sydney, Australia.  That means I only have three cruise left… guaranteed they are 16 and 14 day cruises, but not too long.  Right now, we are off through the Suez Canal to Dubai.  I never imagined that I would see the pyramids, but that is exactly where I am headed next cruise!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment