Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Last Cruise with SL8 (and Grace)!

Wow.  This cruise has been quite an adventure.  It was the last cruise with my SL8 cast, the first time I met the new SL9 cast members and I had Grace Caudle on as my guest.  This cruise was full of such high and low emotions.  I am so glad that Grace was able to join me for this cruise.  Having her here helped keep me grounded and reminded me that you will have and make friends everywhere you go and in everything you do.  It was an incredible 12 days.

The first part of the cruise I was able to spend all of my time with Grace.  We were able to see and do so much!  Our first stop was Nice, France where we tasted exotic flavors of gelato, got lost in little French streets and got a feel for the French lifestyle. I had a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of rhubarb gelato.  Some of the other flavors were mojito, thyme, cactus, salted caramel and licorice. Yummm!

 
Next stop was Florence and Pisa where we took hilarious pictures at the Leaning Tower…somehow taking pictures there never seems to get old, no matter how many times you go (I’ve been there four times!).  In Florence, we walked around, went inside the beautiful Duomo, saw the Ponte Vecchio, had a delicious Italian lunch and sang “Light in the Piazza” all day.  haha!  Good day had by all.




 
 
In Rome we took a tour to the Colosseum, Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica.  It was a long day, but Rome is so worth it.  I didn't take any pictures since I already had pictures of what we saw...but here are some of Grace's pictures. 

Walking in Vatican City


Practicing our smiles!
In Napoli we were rather tired from the exhausting few days so we didn’t do too much.  We went and had pizza at Pizzeria da Michele (the same place I went last cruise) and did the Underground Naples tour.  It was a nice little adventuring day.

 
The next port was Kotor, Montenegro and I was so glad to find that Grace loved it just as much as I do.  She and I climbed the walls up to St. John’s Fortress and took so many amazing(ly ridiculous) pictures along the way.  It was the perfect day for it; a warm sun and cool breeze.  After our climb, we had a meal of fresh squid, found Maarten and went for a swim in the crisp, cool harbor water.  I think that it was probably my favorite day of this cruise and quite possibly my favorite day spent in Kotor.




 
On our first day in Venice the new SL9 cast got onboard the ship and I wasn’t able to spend as much time with Grace as I had for the first part of the cruise.  It was an exhausting end to the cruise because I had to rehearse with the new cast all day and perform with my cast at night.  I also had to deal with emotions about my cast leaving.  I have been so busy that I don’t think I have fully accepted that they are gone, but I know when I have a free moment it will hit me and tears will happen.  They are such an amazing group of people and I am so honored to have been able to work with them.   

I’m so glad Grace was here because it allowed me to take advantage of all the amazing Mediterranean ports of call one final time before I have crazy rehearsals for SL9 next cruise and then head down through the Suez Canal. I am truly having the most amazing first cruise ship contract and it is not over yet.  The past seven months have taken me to Europe, challenged my vocal abilities, introduced me to friends from all over the globe, given me an amazing boyfriend, allowed my family to cruise with me to the Greek islands, have my Dad and brother see Europe for the first time, expanded my taste buds and I possibly have two month left! I can’t even dream of what the next leg of my journey will have in store for me.  The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment