Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ahoy Maties

Well, here is some news for you all.  It is part good and part bad. Maarten has been offered, and accepted, a job back with Celebrity Cruise Lines.  He will be boarding the Celebrity Constellation on May 20th as the Activities Manager (a promotion from his last contract).  I am so sad to see him go, but I have to remember that it is an amazing job opportunity for him.  He will get to travel the world, something he is very passionate about, see his family frequently, as the ship ports in Amsterdam for most of his contract, and it means that I get to cruise with him at some point!  I think I'll get to sail with him when he is in Turkey and the Greek Islands, out of Istanbul.  So, as sad as I am, and as much as I may cry, it is good news.  We have done long distance before, it's not easy, but I guess it makes the heart grow fonder.  We are going to make it though and have great stories to tell each other along the way.

This also means that Bailey is leaving as well.  She will be going to Germany to stay with Maarten's mom.  They have a small bulldog named Elvis, so at least Bailey will have someone to play with!  I do not feel that it would be right to keep her in her cage for 6 hours every night while Nate and I are at the theater.  I have loved being a pet owner for the past month and a half and I can't wait until the three of us will be reunited as a family. 

This next week will be very hard for me, so please send me good thoughts.  Maarten and Bailey fly out this Tuesday afternoon.  Send us all happy thoughts if you have a chance.  We will need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment