Friday, December 7, 2012

G'Day Mate

Well, the Celebrity Solstice has finally completed its repositioning…we have made it to Australia!  Up first was Darwin.  After being in Egypt, Singapore and Bali I really feel like I have made it back to Western society.  In Australia, I knew that I had to see crocodiles, koalas, kangaroos and hopefully a kookaburra.  And I succeeded!  When we got to Darwin, I went to Crocosaurus Cove where we watched croc feeding shows, saw turtles, reptiles and crocodiles of all sizes.  I even got to hold a 17 month old crocodile named Fluffy. I channeled Steve Irwin.  I was a little scared, but it was much easier than the snake in Bali! When we got to Brisbane, Maarten and I went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the largest in the world.  There we were able to feed kangaroos, see traditional Australian animals (Platypus, Tasmanian Devil, Dingoes, kookaburra etc.) and hold a koala named Tinkerbell.  We even saw a baby joey pump into his mom’s pouch! It has been amazing to see animals you only ever see pictures of.  Now we are off to Sydney and my plane home.  I will have one final blog post about my travels when I reach Maine and maybe before the jet-lag hits me.  But I guess now I should probably get back to packing.  Thank you all for checking in with me for the past 9 months.  I hope you enjoyed it half as much as I did writing it.

Jessica and Louise in a canoe at Crocosarus Cove
Jessica and Fluffy
Croc Feeding Time
HUGE Crocodile
Kangaroos at the Koala Sanctuary


Jessica, Tinkerbell and Maarten…our Christmas card! Haha
“Kukabarrow sits in the old gum tree-ee, merry merry king of the Bush is he-ee”


Disappearing joey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment