Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vegas from the Sky

Wow.  It has been a crazy weekend! After our hike on Friday, the weekend flew by. 

Saturday we did some yard sale-ing, I had rehearsal and had to watch the show from backstage. My find of the morning was this small night stand for $5.  I think I want to paint it and redo it somehow, but I’m not positive.

 Sunday I didn’t have rehearsal until midnight, so I thought it was going to be a lazy day.  Not so!  We woke with the sun and drove to North Vegas for Maarten to play in a men’s soccer league that he had found out about from Lee.  We get there for the 8am game to find out 20 minutes in that the field had been double booked and the game was cancelled.  Too bad.  Then we went home, took a little nap, dyed Easter eggs (they will make their appearance here on Easter), and then were invited to take a flight over Vegas by some friends of Maarten’s.  The boy has his pilot’s license and took us up in a small plane for a 45 minute flight over Vegas at sunset and to Lake Mead and back.  It was amazing! Then we were invited out for dinner with them.  We went to an absolutely delicious Japanese sushi restaurant.  We tried all sorts of dishes.  Come to find out I could have been eating sea urchins all this time! They are scrumptious.  To end the day, I had my second put in with all the new cast members of Jubilee!.  We were able to run parts of the show on the stage with some of the set pieces.  I’m starting to feel really comfortable with the show and I can’t wait to open into the show on March 30th!
 
 
 
 
A couple previews of my costumes…
Shoes
Lashes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment