Saturday, March 23, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

I am happy to say that Maarten and I have found a home in Las Vegas!  When we first arrived, we were staying with a wonderful couple, Lee and Lisa Orchard.  Lisa is in Jubilee!, Lee is a DJ and they actually met working on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.  Lisa was a singer and Lee was the Activity Manager of the Activities Staff.  Sound familiar?? It was wonderful getting to spend time in their home and getting to know them. 


Our new apartment is at the southern end of Las Vegas Boulevard, aka “the Strip”.  It takes me about 10 minutes to get to Bally’s.  There is a bus stop close by, but apparently it takes about an hour to get to the strip.  A whole lot longer than my 10 minute drive! The gated apartment complex has a gym (Maarten has been daily since we moved it.  I, on the other hand, have not stepped foot in there since our tour), a 24-hour pool and hot tub and a grill/BBQ area.  We are very happy here.  Boy, was it stressful to pick the right place that felt like home.  We looked at a ton!  But finally think we made the right decision. 
"We got the KEYS!!"
 
Here are some pictures of the apartment.  We still need a lot more, but have been frequenting Goodwill's, Big Lots, yard sales, Craigslist posts and Dollar Stores to find last minute touches. 
Moving into the new place

Finding Perfect Chairs(?) at Big Lots
 
Master Bedroom

Shelf in Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

Master Closet

Washer & Dryer

View from the front door

Living Room and door to the Patio 

Maarten in the Kitchen 

View from the Patio

Kitchen looking in from the patio

Kitchen (without a table!)
 
Now we are just waiting for our third roommate to join us in Las Vegas.  Nate Burich, a friend of mine from Point Park University who will be in Jubilee! with me, is driving to Vegas on March 29th.  I will make my debut in Jubilee! on March 30th.  Rehearsals have been going great and I am ready to be a part of this wonderful show! Pictures of me in my many showgirl costumes will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment