Friday, May 11, 2012

History Overload

It has been such a long time since my last post and I have done and seen WAY too much for one post.  I think that I am too overwhelmed to fully cover all of the amazing places I saw in the past 12 days, but here are the highlights. I will be back to most of the places I went this week on future cruises, so I will get a chance to tell you about them in better detail then!

This was my first 12 day cruise of the Mediterranean.  Our ports of call were Villefrance, France; Livorno, Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Naples, Italy; Kotor, Montenegro; Venice, Italy; and Dubrovnik, Croatia, before heading back to Barcelona.  Below are some of the highlights!
Livorno in the rain for my 23rd birthday

The Colosseum , Rome

St. Peter’s Basilica, Rome

St. Peter’s Square, Rome

The most amazing pizza in Napoli, which also happens to be the birthplace of modern-day pizza!

Hannah, Dmytri and I in the entry way into Kotor, Montenegro

View of the inlet from the dock in Kotor

The Grand Canal in Venice, Italy

Our sail away from Venice (Which is actually the one year anniversary of my graduation from college!  I never dreamed that I would be here)


View from the top of a mountain in Dubrovnik, Croatia.  We took a cable car to the top and had a 360 degree view.  I was on top of the world!

More to come...the adventure is just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment