Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mind Blowing Specialty Acts

One of our three shows on the ship is called Solstice.  It is a Cirque du Soleil-type show.  That is the show that I fly in the harness for the opening number.  The singers have a very easy show.  We only sing la's, ooo's, ahh's, lay-oh's, hi-yah's...and the most exciting "fee-ten-nay-oh".  From what I hear we get very exciting costumes, inspired by the zodiac signs.  Apparently, I am based off of Cancer.  So, I'm a crab. Yay!  Anyway, the main attraction of Solstice is the Cirque acts and a few of them joined us in rehearsals this week.  We have a hand balancer and a hula hoop girl, so far.  They are both insanely talented and my jaw drops every time I watch their act.  I am going to have to work hard not to get distracted by the hula hoop girl and her amazing skills while I am singing!  Once on the ship we will add an adage couple and a juggler.  I am sure that more pictures of their amazing talent will follow.

Straps
Aeriel Hoop
Hand Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment