Saturday, February 18, 2012

Last Day in Maine

So, here we go.  There's no turning back now!  I am pretty much all packed in 2 checked bags and one carry-on.  I have a feeling that I WAY over packed, but looking back through it all there is nothing that I want to do without.  A girl needs her shoes! And packing for an 8 month trip is not an everyday occurrence.  If I forgot anything, I can just buy it somewhere along the way.  If I packed things I find out that I don't need, I can always mail them home.  So, I am just going to let it go and call my packing done! 

I also had the pleasure of receiving an email from the other Female Vocalist on my ship.  Her name is Hannah, she's from the UK and seems really sweet.  She worked on the Solstice and did the same shows 2 years ago and she's coming back...I guess it can't be that bad :)  I don't know anyone else yet, but there will be 4 vocalists and 8 dancers on the ship, so it should be a lot of fun. 

This adventure is starting and will probably fly by at the speed of light.  I am hopeful that this blog will help me take time to appreciate everything that I am getting the opportunity to do and experience, and give me a virtual scrapbook to look back on at the end.  I'm sure there will be many rocky moments, but I think the sun and ocean will outshine them!  As for now, I am off to a good ol' Maine lobster dinner for my last night at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment