Monday, February 20, 2012

Day One

I made it to Florida!  My flight was really awesome.  Things went really effortlessly.  First of all, they flew me First Class.  I will never fly coach again.  The leg rooms, service, pillows.  Everything was so comfortable.  Second, I didn't have to pay for my wicked heavy bags.  They weighed 58lbs. and 36lbs.  and I thought for sure I was going to have to pay thousands of dollars to check them.  The attendant didn't charge me anything, she did tell me that I had to make the one bag weigh 50lbs. but then rethought it when she said I was allowed 75lb. bags!  I could have packed more shoes! ha  Third, when I landed in Ft. Lauderdale it was 80 degrees.  So wonderful.  I got a cab to the apartment where we are staying in for the next 3 weeks.  It is called The Quarter and houses all 8 dancers (4 boys, 4 girls) and 4 singers (2 boys, 2 girls).


After I dropped my stuff off in the apartment and called home I decided that it was necessary to check out the beach.  And find something to eat.  So, I walked the block & a half to the beach and did a little sunbathing, wading and exploring. 


It was beautiful.  After the beach, I met the dancers and one of the male singers.  Everyone is really nice and it seems like we are going to have a really good time. 

The first rehearsal went pretty well.  The songs are fun, the singers are super talented and the shows are going to be entertaining.  It is going to be a lot of work over the next 3 weeks, but I think that we are going to do really well.  We learned 2 of the 3 full length shows and both bumper shows.  We have to learn the Broadway show tomorrow, memorize them all and learn the choreography and then we'll be ready to open!! Here we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment