Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas in Florida

Merry Christmas from sunny Florida! 

I'm sad to be spending my first Christmas away from home this year, but glad to be in the warm weather rehearsing for a show with my fun cast mates.  On Christmas Eve, we had a little boot photo shoot during rehearsal and then Marilynn, the Wick Theatre producer, had us all over to her house for a meal and small gift exchange.  She has a beautiful home right on the Inter-coastal Waterway and welcomed us into her home like family.

The Cagelles: Sam, Cam, Ashley, Tony, Jacob, Jessica and Stephen



For Christmas day, I made Monkey Bread at the cast house and it turned out great!  I didn't have a bundt pan, so I made it in a cupcake tin, 18 minutes at 350 degrees. And they were perfect portions for one person...although I had two!  It's only Christmas once a year! Our cast was invited to a matinee of "Mame" which is playing ay the Wick Theatre now, starring Leslie Uggams. 

It's true, I know people everywhere and this was no exception.  My friend, Jennie, was a dancer on the Celebrity Solstice with me.  I stayed with her in NYC when I was there a couple weeks ago and her mom lives in Boca Raton.  Wouldn't you know it she flew down to Florida the day before I did to be with her mom for the holidays.  She asked her mom and then invited me over for Christmas dinner.  So I wasn't a homeless holiday orphan anymore! We had a delicious dinner of salad, homemade lasagna, a Christmas cookies.  Thank you so much for welcoming your home to me.  It was a Merry Christmas after all, although it was a little too warm to feel like Christmas.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, your Christmas looks at lot warmer than ours. :)

    ReplyDelete