Thursday, April 17, 2014

World's Best Grandpa

Monday morning Heaven welcomed another amazing man, my grandfather. I am so sad, but know that he is in a better place, watching over me every second. Around Gorham, he was known as the man who carried the naked man Abercrombie bag everywhere.... He was so lucky, he won any raffle he entered...even if he didn't have a car to fill with the car card he won. He always had an inspiring story about work and overcoming obstacles...but he claimed to not be the smart one in his family. I don't think I have ever met a more intelligent man in my life. Every year, I would go "school shopping" in his guest bedroom. Pens, binders, paper, pencils, erasers. Anything I needed, Grandpa had. He claimed to have two strippers in his basement. Come to find out, what he meant were two PAPER SHREDDERS, but I will never forget that! And probably, my favorite part, his fashion sense. Grandpa wouldn't leave the house without a bow tie, handmade by my mom. And he was always eager to tell anyone who complimented him, "My daughter made it!" A piece of my heart is gone with him, but he is at peace and with my grandmother now. I love you, Grandpa. Now you and Grandma have a front row seat at all my shows.





 
 
William Henry Cuffey (October 11, 1922 - April 14, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment