Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Additions

As my beautiful, amazing cousin Abby and her husband Jared were welcoming their adorable baby girl, Stella, into their family, Maarten and I were making an addition to ours as well.  Maarten has been a dog lover forever.  His family had dogs growing up and Maarten knew that he wanted one of his own. So finally, after much persuading, I agreed that we could rescue a dog from the local shelter.  We went to the Nevada SPCA.  There were so many pups that all needed a home, but for some reason I was only drawn to one dog.  A little tan and white Chihuahua/Italian Greyhound mix.  We asked about her and it just so happened that she was up to date on all her shots, had recently been spayed and was ready for adoption.  Our lucky day! We brought Bailey home one week ago and have had an amazing time with her.  I’ve never exactly been a dog person, but Bailey may have changed that.  She is so easy going, loves to play, loves meeting new dogs and people (expect some children), naps in my lap and follows Maarten everywhere! She is such a good dog.



This blog also documents my opening week in Jubilee!.  My opening was March 30th.  I was a little nervous and made a few mistakes that opening night, but I made it through and each performance that I do gets better and better.  Maarten was able to watch the second show of my opening night.  I am so thankful that he was able to come.  Knowing that he was there, watching me made me feel so loved and I know that he was proud of me.  I am slowly getting comfortable with the show, wearing the amazing costumes and being part of such a large cast.  It is going to be a fun contract. 

 

I'm a Vegas Showgirl!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment