Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lazy Bones...

Because I did so much with my family last cruise, I decided that this cruise would be full of relaxation.  I didn't do too much except see a beautiful sunset in Venice before dinner...

...and do the most amazing underground tour of Naples.  Matthew went last cruise without me, so he promised that he would show me where it was.  Turns out he loved it so much that he took the tour again with me!  You start the tour by climbing down thousands of steps into the dark, damp underworld.

Once all the way down, we were give candles to walk through tiny passageways into an underground water cistern.  It was so humid that you could see your breath in front of you.



After that we went to see remains of a Roman theater that was buried beneath houses.  They can't excavate anymore of it because there are so many people living on top of it and they can't kick them out.  It was such a great tour and a great way to escape the heat for a couple hours. 

(Maarten, Matthew and Jessica)


I'll have more exciting adventures this cruise.  Only 2 months until my contract is complete.  I have to make the most of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment