Thursday, June 28, 2012

Make New Friends...

...But Keep the Old...

This cruise we were back to our old stomping grounds (Croatia, Montenegro, Venice, Napoli, Rome and Livorno).  However, this was a special cruise because I was able to see a friend from Maine.  Shannon Mosey, a fellow dancer at the Centre of Movement, moved to Venice after high school graduation to be a nanny.  Most recently, she has been going to college in the states and going back to Venice during the summer.  And this week I got to see her!  I met her in St. Mark’s Square and then we went to a beach party on Lido, one of the outer islands surrounding Venice.  She taught me little pieces of interesting history about Venice and clearly loves living in Italy.  I can completely see why.  We met up with her Italian friends Jack, Marco and Gianluca at the beach.  We ate sandwiches at this double decker bus that had the bottom level turned into a kitchen.  It was delicious.  I wasn’t sure how to get back to the ship from St. Mark’s Square without the shuttle, so I had to leave early to catch the last shuttle, but I can’t wait until we are there next so that (hopefully) I will get to hang out with Shannon again!


In Napoli, I went back to Capri with my friend Brenton.  We walked around, went to the beach and took lots of pictures!  It was a really warm day, but the ocean was clear, blue and so inviting.  It was a great day. 


...One is Silver and the Other Gold.
I finally got to go to the Trevi Fountain!  It was a beautiful sight to see.  I tossed in my coins and made my wish and took some pictures.  That day I also went to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and St. Peter’s Basilica, but Trevi was the highlight of my day. 

On a completely separate note, a friend of mine here, Nazar (a juggler from Ukraine), too some pictures of me for his portfolio and I thought I'd share a couple with you all.  I'm happy with how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment