Sunday, April 8, 2012

Settling in...

It has been a little while since my last post, but paying for internet really puts a damper on the amount of posts I can “post” J  But here we go.  I think the most exciting parts about the last two weeks have been the places that I have been able to see.  I have been able to get off the ship in five amazing ports: San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, St. Maarten, Netherlands, Cozumel, Mexico and Roatan, Honduras.  So, here goes.
On March 27th, we were in San Juan.  We went to this delicious pizza parlor.  This coming Tuesday when we are back in San Juan we are going to see one of the forts that are near the port.
March 28th, we were in St. Thomas.  There really was nothing to do right at the port where we were docked.  You would have to take a cab or bus to a beach on the other side of the island.  We didn’t have enough time to do that, so a few of us just got off and sat on the land.  Right there on the rocks were these lizards.  There were tons of them, so of course I took a picture with them!
March 29th was our full day off in St. Maarten.  We spent a relaxing day on the beach and in the clear blue water.  It was a lovely day. 

Cozumel, Mexico might be my favorite port so far.  We were there on Wednesday, April 4th and I got to go scuba diving!  I was really excited, but once we had our lessons and actually got into the water I kind of started to panic.  I had a difficult time breathing out of my mouth.  I guess I am a nose breather (maybe that’s why I don’t mind the dentist!).  But after a little while I kind of got use to it and started to look at all the amazing sights around me.  I saw a whole school of fish, beautiful coral, and a trumpet fish.   I even touched a sea anemone that shrank back into itself when I touched it.  We went down about 30 feet and were underwater for about 45 minutes.  I am so glad that I was able to get over my fears and scuba dive for the first time.


In Cozumel, after scuba diving, we went to a crew hangout and jumped into the water. 

After jumping in the water we went to a grocery store called Mega.  It was crazy not being able to read any of the products or understand how much they cost because everything was in pesos.  But I bought some postcards and incredible donuts.  Aunt Cyndy, this picture is for you because I know how much you love to explore grocery stores.  Mega had a full fish just chilling right in the middle. 

April 5th was our day off in Roatan, Honduras.  I went to Las Palmas-Pirate Bay with a few friends.  We had to take a bus to the beach, where they had a pirate ship, food, sun chairs, palm trees and a little private beach.  It was a beautiful day. 


Hope you enjoyed all of my pictures!  I am having an amazing time.  My friend, Owen, took pictures of Ghostlight, our Broadway show.  In one of my later posts I will post them because the show looks pretty awesome and I would love for you all to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment